New Style Boutique 3 Styling Star ~ MENSWEAR UNLOCKED SCHOOL BOY Part 48 ~ Gameplay Walkthrough
In Nintendo presents: New Style Boutique 3 – Styling Star for Nintendo 3DS family systems, manage your own fashion boutique, meet customers and find stylish outfits to suit their needs. This time, your customers’ stories may unfold differently based on the outfits you select.
Become a top stylist and work with stars-to-be! Which look will they rock for their on-stage debut? It’s up to you! Choose from over 20,000 new and returning fashion items, with much more to discover.
Nintendo presents: New Style Boutique 3 – Styling Star is the fourth instalment in the fashion simulation series that has sold over 2.4 million units across Europe to date. As the story begins, the player will take over as the manager of her uncle’s fashion boutique, located in the heart of a city full of potential clients, each hoping to find that perfect outfit. Each client is an individual with his or her own personality and taste, and when they visit the shop it’s up to the player to listen to the clients’ requests and choose the most suitable clothes or accessories to match their needs. With over 20,000 items, many of which are brand new for this entry in the series, the creative outfit combinations are almost endless, and players will be able to let their inner styling star shine bright as they pick out perfect look after perfect look.
As the player’s style success story progresses, they will be approached by the talent agency Nin10 Productions, who need a stylist for their up-and-coming popstars. This game-changing event opens the door to the pop music world, and the chance to become a celebrity stylist. Players will help guide the three young singers on their road to stardom, designing outfits for them and assisting as they find their own identities. Eventually, the singers will perform on stage in outfits chosen by the player, and even adapt their musical styles to the fashion choices made for them. For example, choosing rock-themed clothing for a singer will lead her music in a rockier and edgier direction. There are 15 original pop songs included, in a range of styles, all specially written and recorded for the game. You can already check out one of the songs in the Nintendo presents: New Style Boutique 3 – Styling Star – Welcome to the new stage! trailer.
In addition to the huge number of in-game items with which to style customers, players can also use compatible amiibo during gameplay to add even more options. All currently available amiibo are compatible with Nintendo presents: New Style Boutique 3 – Styling Star. Some amiibo, including Animal Crossing, Splatoon and Kirby series amiibo, will unlock special character-themed design elements and emblems. Other amiibo will unlock Nintendo-themed design elements and emblems.
In addition to the fun shop management gameplay of previous titles, this entry contains a variety of exciting features, including:
- Menswear is back! Fashion is for everyone, and the men in town need a stylist too! Menswear returns as a fully-fledged feature in this game, with its own boutique. By helping out there, players can increase their influence around town and trigger menswear-specific story events.
- The Design Centre in-game app allow players to design their own clothes and outfits, and share them with each other online. Another in-game app, Shopdo, lets players upload their lovingly-designed boutique interiors, and even sell outfits to one another for in-game currency.
- New accessory types such as headphones, bangles and wristwatches give even more scope for creativity and customisation.
- Fashion’s not only about the clothes, and in the Beautician’s and Hair Salon players can put their makeup skills and hair-styling skills to work to add that extra something special to any look. The beautician’s salon now also includes nail styling – a brand new feature for this title, with a huge number of nail polish colours and designs to try out.
- The You Diva feature lets players relive the magic of the game’s music performances, and even customise them by changing the character performing and their outfit. Any of the more than 200 female characters encountered during the game, including the player’s own character, can shine like a star on stage.